Before I learnt to cook I used to make a random Sunday dessert now and then.
The first dessert I ever remember making was a Tiramisu.
I made an non – alcholic version one and as not everyone in our family drinks and I can’t eat the entire pudding myself.
- 1 ½ cups x strong black coffee , cooled
- ½ x tsp Vanilla essence
- 2 x packs of boudir biscuits
- 2 x eggs
- 2 cups x caster sugar
- 500 g x mascarpone cheese
- 2tsp x cocoa powder
- Mix the coffee with the vanilla essence in a bowl.
- Dip the biscuits into the liquid until moist on all sides but not soggy.
- Line a spring bottom cake tin or any dish you have on hand with a layer of biscuits.
- Whisk the eggs and caster sugar until pale.
- Fold in the mascarpone cheese to make a mousse-like consistency.
- Spread half the mixture on top of the biscuits.
- Repeat with another layer of moistened finger biscuits and top with the remaining cheese mixture.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Just before serving sift the cocoa powder over the top.