With my mother being a vegan/vegetarian there are times when all she wants to eat is toasted cheese sarmies or 2 minute noodles.
Normally I would allow that during any given day of the week but not on a Sunday. Sundays are reserved for meals that are wholesome, hearty and make you feel sleepy after eating so much that your stomach feels so heavy.
I came across this recipe in one of Deliciously Ella’s cookbook and seeing as I had all the ingredients in pantry I decided why not give it a try.
I am not a vegan myself, but I had a bowlful of this and I was blown away by the taste. It tasted delicious and I just could not get enough.
I fought my mother off for the last spoonfuls in the pot.
What I liked about this recipe was that there was zero cooking involved , the only thing that needed to be cooked was the pasta, everything else was raw. But you would never say that.
Ingredients for the pasta:
- 2 x large courgettes thinly sliced.
- 2 x carrots, thinly sliced.
- 100g x spaghetti cooked.
- 1 x red pepper, deseeded and cut into strips.
- Handful of sesame seeds.
- 30g x cashew nuts.
- 10g x mint leaves, finely chopped.
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 8 x tbsp. olive oil.
- 15g x coriander.
- 3 x tbsp. almond butter.
- 2 x tbsp. tahini.
- 1 x tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 x tbsp. tamari
- Juice of 1 lemon.
- 3 x cloves garlic, crushed.
- 1 x tsp cayenne pepper.
- 9 x tbsp. water.
- Toss all the pasta ingredients together in a bowl.
- For the sauce, place all the sauce ingredients in a blender and blitz till smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the noodle mixture and toss till everything is well combined and the sauce is coating everything.