I love this sweet delicious dish so much.
It is always served after a meal, but me I can eat this any time and anywhere I don’t even need poppadums I could just eat it with a spoon and I would be happy.
- ¾ x cup sago, that is soaked in cold water until it swells to double its size.
- ½ x tin condense milk.
- 1 x cup milk.
- ½ x cup sugar – if you find that the condense milk is enough to make this dish sweet enough for you , you can leave out the sugar.
- Chopped almonds.
- 1 x tsp elachi powder.
- ½ x tsp cinnamon powder.
- 1 x tbsp. margarine.
- About a hand full of vermicelli, broken into pieces.
- Melt the margarine in a pot.
- Add the cinnamon and elatchi powder and mix.
- Add the vermicelli and fry till the vermicelli turns golden brown.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Drain the sago.
- Put the sago in a pot and cover it with tap water. Bring it to a boil on a medium heat and allow to cook till the sago becomes transparent. Add a little water at a time so that the sago does not stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Add the milk, almonds, sugar, condense milk and mix well.
- If the mixture becomes too thick add a little boiling water.
- Allow the mixture to have a good boil for about 5 minutes and then add your vermicelli mixture.
- Stir and remove from the heat.
- Serve with poppadums.