Making pancakes was the most relaxing fun thing I could make.
I used to stand till all hours in the kitchen flipping pancakes.
These babies never lasted long, as soon as they were sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar they left the plate faster than I could count.
My first order for these my dad ordered 300 pancakes for a work function.
- 100g x cake flour.
- 2 x eggs
- 300ml x milk.
- 1 x tbsp. salt.
- ¼ x cup oil.
- Mix flour and salt.
- Make a well in the centre and crack each egg into the well.
- Pour 50ml milk and the oil into the well.
- Whisk till the mixture starts coming together.
- Add the rest of the milk and mix till you have a smooth batter.
- If you get lumps just pour your mixture through a sift.
- Pour about 1/4 x cup of the mixture into a pan that is on a medium heat.
- Swirl the pan around so that the mixture can spread evenly.
- Once tiny bubbles start appearing on the surface.
- It is time to slip the pancake and let the other side fry.
- Once cooked on both sides, slip on to a plate and sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over the top.
- Roll the pancake up like a rolly polly and sprinkle cinnamon over the top.