I love pancakes, in any form and size.
I am not a huge fan of making pancakes though, they never come out the way they should. I always make the griddle to hot and the pancake burns to within an inch of its life before the middle is even cooked.
With all that being said, when I saw The Pioneer Women making pancakes for breakfast for her family, I was really motivated to make a batch for breakfast.
What I liked about this recipe, was that there was no complicated method, it was just store bought pancake mix, mixed according the package instructions and then the fun part was folding in the peach preserve and freshly chopped peaches.
Of course I have not come across peach preserve in my neck of the neighbourhood so I had to go to my next best option and order it online. Which meant that I had to wait 14 days in order to make these pancakes.
The verdict, my dad loved these, he could not stop eating them from the minute I removed them from the griddle he was nibbling on them. When it was time for breakfast he complained that there was only two on his plate, and he was shocked when I told him that he had eaten most of the pancakes as I was busy frying them.
All in all I loved them, served with warm maple syrup it was the perfect way to start the day.
- 1 x box pancake mix.
- 2 x tbsp. castor sugar.
- 1 x tbsp. vanilla essence.
- 2 x tbsp. peach preserve.
- 2 x peaches, one sliced and the other diced.
- Mix the pancake batter according to the package.
- Mix in the sugar, vanilla essence, peach preserve until well combined.
- Fold in the diced peaches.
- Lightly grease a pan and using a 1 scoop measure, scoop out the batter and fry each side till lightly golden brown.
- Slide onto a plate, garnish with the sliced peaches and drizzle over some warm maple syrup.
One thought on “Peachy pancakes”