Every once in a while, I like to take a step back from the usual Sunday cake and serve a fridge tart for dessert.
My mother’s favourite fridge tart is a peppermint one, my dad is not a huge fridge tart fan as he sells and I quote its tooo rice… old men I tell you.
When Saturday came around, I heard that there was going to be a power outage and it gave me an excuse to try my hand at that tart. Only for Sunday to come around and find out that the power outage is going to be next Sunday and not this Sunday…I think I got as far as the word power outage when I started freaking everyone out I never read further as to what date the power outage would be. Typical me.
This recipe is older than me, my mum had a cut out of it in her recipe book from the old You magazine.
Upside to this recipe is that it can also be eggless… you just have to find the eggless tennis biscuits in the store.
- 2 x cans caramel.
- 500ml x whipping cream.
- 1 x 200g tennis biscuits.
- 1 x peppermint crisp .
- Line a square dish with a layer of tennis biscuits and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the cream till soft peaks start to form.
- In another bowl, whisk the caramel till smooth.
- Add the caramel to the cream and whisk till well combined.
- Pour a layer of the caramel mixture over the tennis biscuits.
- Repeat, tennis biscuits layer, caramel layer, until you use all the caramel mixure. Make sure that you end with a caramel mixture.
- Grate the peppermint crisp over the top.
- Pop into the fridge to set overnight.