I love eating fridge tarts, but I have never attempted to make one. When I come across a recipe and the recipe says graham crackers, I give up.
Then I discovered that the South African version of graham crackers is actually tennis biscuits. Now as you should know by now, my mother is 13 days into her vegetarian path. I now have to read labels with a fine tooth comb to ensure that there are no eggs in any biscuit that I might use as a base.
Bakers tennis biscuits has eggs in but Bauman’s tennis biscuits are eggless, which is just up my street.
This recipe is perfect for those lazy hot days when you do not feel like putting the oven on.
- 1 x packet 200g tennis biscuits.
- 1 x can caramel.
- 500g x whipping cream.
- 1 x slab peppermint crisp.
- Pour the caramel into a bowl and stir with a spoon till smooth and no lumps. Set aside.
- Whip the cream till soft peaks start to form and set aside.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the caramel and set aside.
- In a Pyrex dish, lay down your tennis biscuits, pour some of the caramel mixture over the biscuit layer.
- Then carry on layering biscuits and caramel till your finished.
- To finish top with grated peppermint crisp.
- Pop into the fridge to chill over night.