I have always wanted to try and make a cookie monster cake.
I was eagerly waiting for someone to have a baby shower party, but no such luck.
Then a lady in HR announced that she was expecting and would be going off at the end of the month.
I jumped at the opportunity to bake a cake and some cupcakes.
Fingers crossed it would be a boy, but alas it was a girl, seeing as I had already bought the candy eyes, I thought why not make a pink cookie monster cupcakes???
So that it was I did and it was super-duper easy to make. Of course I decided to make these butter cream cupcakes on the hottest day this month.
To make these cupcakes, you will need:
- 12 x plain vanilla cupcakes.
- 500g of butter cream icing that is coloured pink.
- A piping bag fitted with a star nozzle.
- Pink smarties for the nose.
- 1 x packet of Mini ginger nut biscuits, cut in half
- Candy eyes.
- Fill your piping bag with your butter cream icing.
- Pipe stars all around the cupcake.
- Place 2 candy eyes near the top.
- In the middle place a smartie for the nose.
- Then take one half of your ginger nut biscuit and place it near the bottom of the cupcake for the mouth.
- Repeat till all your cupcakes are done.