When it comes to fasting, I am always out of ideas. My dad only wants to eat, dhal, potatoes and greenbeans, give him something else and just looking at the food his full.
My mother will eat anything but when I ask her what can I make she always wants bake beans and chips… not much imagination there lol.
Sometime my dad will offer to cook puli curry, but come I can not eat puli curry for 10 days straight, I will have gem squash growing out of my ears.
Since potatoe curry is boring , I like to mix it up a little bit aka add a little extra to the potatoes and my parents seem to like it… I always get a thumbs up when I make it, especially if there is roti involved.
- 1 x tin parboiled lentils, drained.
- 1 x onion, finely chopped.
- 2 x medium sized potatoes, peeled and cubed.
- 1 x tbsp. Bombay Masala.
- ½ x tsp turmeric powder.
- Salt to taste.
- Curry leaves.
- Fresh coriander to garnish.
- 1 x tomatoe, grated.
- In a pot, bring some oil to the heat.
- Add the onions and saute till transparent.
- Add salt and stir.
- Add the grated tomatoes, spices and curry leaves.
- Stir so that everything is well coated, add a little water at a time so that a nice thick paste is achieved.
- Add the potatoes and add water to cover the potatoes, cover and cook till the potatoes are soft.
- Add the lentils and mix to combine.
- Cook until the water has cooked away.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.