I love meat balls, I very seldom make meat balls, but thanks to watching an episode of the Pioneer Women where she used a mechanical ice cream scoop to make the balls, I was hooked.
I never seem to get the round shape, my shapes always comes out wonky, but have no fear, no more, now they are perfectly round.
These meatballs are so delicious and they freeze so well, I made an entire batch, used half and froze the other half for an emergency midweek dinner.
This recipe makes roughly 36 medium sized meat balls.
- 1kg x beef mince.
- 1 ½ x cups toasted bread crumbs.
- 1 x tsp salt.
- 1 x tsp black pepper.
- 4 x eggs.
- 2 x tsp whole grain mustard.
- ½ x cup milk.
- ¼ x cup cream.
- ¼ x cup chopped coriander.
- ½ x tsp chilli flakes.
- In a bowl, combined all the ingredients into a bowl.
- Using your hands, knead well till everything is combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out a bit of the mixture and roll in the palm of your hand to create the ball shape.