I am a carnivore by heart.
Every now and then I crave a bunch of roasted vegetables and I seem to be the only one in the house hold that craves this.
My parents refuse to go anywhere it and if I dish it up on their plate, they just push it one side. Parents I tell you.
I was lucky enough that some of the ingredients I could just pick from my little garden. I can’t wait till my little veg and herb garden is in full bloom.
I came across this recipe in “The Reduction cookbook.”
- Baby carrots
- Beetroot, cubed.
- 4 x cloves garlic.
- Butternut, cubed.
- 2 x onions, quartered.
- 4 x sprigs of thyme.
- 3 x tbsp. avocado oil.
- 1 x tbsp. balsamic vinegar.
- Salt and pepper to season
- Toss all the ingredients together in a bowl, till well combined.
- Place on a greased baking tray.
- Pop into a preheated oven and bake at 180 degrees for 40 minutes or until the beets are tender.