We as a family are not huge salad eaters. I mean we eat salad as a side dish but not as a main dish.
When I first came across this recipe, I was a bit dubious to make it, firstly seeing as that it was a main dish and secondly it required me to peel, clean and cube a whole butternut. I never use butternut as a whole, I prefer to buy the ready peeled and cubed one. It is just simpler and easier and less complicated.
I was surprised that this salad was actually really easy to make and the roasting of the butternut was easy and went very very quickly in the oven. So quickly that I almost let it get burnt, thank goodness that I smelt it and quickly removed it from the oven.
- 1 x large butternut.
- Olive oil for drizzling.
- 1 x tbsp. paprika.
- 1 x tbsp. dried mixed herbs.
- 150g x rocket.
- 2 x avocadoes, peeled and cubed.
- 1 x tbsp. tamari.
- 2 x tbsp. apple cider vinegar.
- 2 x tbsp. olive oil.
- Salt and pepper.
- Peel, clean and cube butternut and place in a bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil, add paprika, mixed herbs and toss to mix.
- Place on a greased baking tray.
- Pop into a preheated oven and bake at 180 degrees for 30 – 40 minutes or until the butternut is soft.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- To make the salad dressing whisk together the tamari, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, add avocadoes, butternut, rocket and salad dressing.
Toss everything so that the salad dressing coats everything