I love scones, I love making scones, the kneading and rolling and pressing out circle rounds is so therapeutic.
I normally make my sprite scones, but I recently came across another eggless scone recipe and I knew I had to try it out, because they say the proof is in the pudding.
- 2 x cups cake flour.
- 4 x tsp baking powder.
- 1/2 x tsp salt.
- 2 x tbsp white sugar.
- 4 x tbsp rama margarine.
- 3/4 x cup milk.
- In a bowl, mix the cake flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together.
- Rub the margarine into the flour mixture until it starts to resembles crumbs.
- Add the milk and mix together till a soft dough is formed.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead.
- Cut out rounds using a circle cookie cutter.
- Sprinkle some white sugar over the tops of each scones.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 10 – 15 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.