I love Salmon fish especially after I watched the movie Cinderella story. Now every time I want a delicious fish curry I just whip out a box of fish and whip up this curry.
I took of the holi cow’s website and adapted to my specifications.
For the fish:
- 900g salmon fillet
- 2,5ml salt
- 5ml Bombay masala
- 2,5ml turmeric
For the Curry:
- 60ml sunflower oil
- 10ml mustard seeds
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 7ml coarse salt
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 10 – 15ml Chowman’s masala
- 6 tomatoes, blanched, skinned and grated
- 5ml ground roasted cumin
- 5ml ground roasted coriander
- Pinch of turmeric
- 3 sprigs curry leaves
- 250ml boiling water
- 10ml Bombay Masala
- Slice the salmon into pieces and season with salt.
- Dust the salmon with Bombay masala an turmeric.
- Rub the spices into the fish fillets.
- Leave aside in a refrigerator.
For the Curry Sauce:
- Heat the sunflower oil in a large pan.
- When the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds.
- When the mustard seeds begin to pop, add the chopped onion and coarse salt.
- Saute until light the onions are a light golden brown.
- Add the garlic and saute for a few seconds.
- Stir in the Chowmans masala.
- Stir for 3 – 5 seconds taking care not to burn the spice.
- Add the grated tomatoes and simmer for a minute.
- Add the roasted cumin, coriander, turmeric and curry leaves.
- Simmer until the tomatoes soften and then add the boiling water.
- Reduce the heat until simmer until the tomatoes dissolve completely.
- Place the fish into the sauce in a single layer.
- Sprinkle the Bombay masala over the fish.
- Simmer on a low heat for a few minutes and spoon the sauce over the fish.
- Cook for 4 – 6 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.