I love Merry Berry, when I first saw her show, this fish dish was the first thing I saw her making and guess what, I was addicted and super excited to wake up the following morning to try it out.
Of course when I first heard about yuzu salad dressing I was a bit scared and then the salad dressing asked for yuzu juice and then I was blown away. I mean I have never even heard of the word yuzu salad dressing let alone yuzu juice… I mean what is a yuzu fruit.
After many sleepless nights I finally found out that you can substitute yuzu juice with lemon juice.
Ingredients for the yuzu salad dressing:
- 1 x tsp ginger and garlic paste.
- 1 x red chilli finely chopped.
- 2 x tbsp. lemon juice
- 4 x tbsp. olive oil.
- Salt and pepper to season.
Ingredients for the salmon dish
- 4 x pieces of salmon, with the skin removed.
- 4 x leeks, finely sliced.
- 25g x margaine.
- Heat the margarine in a pan and add the leeks, saute till soft.
- Tip into an oven proof dish and evenly spread around.
- In a bowl, add all the salad dressings and mix till well combined and set aside.
- Place the salmon pieces onto of the bed of leeks.
- Pour the salad dressing over, but keep about 2 tbsp aside.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pop into a preheated oven and bake at 180 degrees for 15 – 20 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
- Remove from the fish from the oven and pour the remaining sauce over the top.