I very seldom eat a boiled egg. I am not sure why, I think it is the hard white part, but I just can’t seem to swallow the egg.
Put the boiled egg in curry or make a egg curry and I won’t touch it. The only time I seem to eat a boiled egg, is chopped up and drowned in mayo on toast, but that is like once a year.
While I was paging through Madhur Jaggery’s cook book, I came across a recipe for a simple hard-boiled egg curry and it looked so appetizing and I knew I had to give it a try, because this was the first time, I really really wanted to eat a boiled egg.
It is a quick and easy restaurant, the only thing that I did the night before was boil the egg and then I kept them unpeeled in the fridge till the morning when I needed them.
- 4 x hard boiled eggs, peeled.
- ¼ x tsp turmeric powder.
- Salt and pepper to season.
- ¼ x tsp chilli powder.
- Carefully cut 4 slits in each egg, but careful not to cut right through the egg and set aside.
- Heat some oil in a pan.
- Add the turmeric and chilli powder and mix well.
- Add the eggs to the pan and toss so that the eggs are nicely coated.
- Remove from the pan and season well with salt and pepper.
- I served mine with fresh white bread, topped with mayo and chopped sausages.