When I think scrambled eggs, I think, eggs whisked with a little milk and some seasoning, poured into a hot pan and pushed around with a fork till cooked. I also think it is the simplest form of breakfast to make when time is against me, which lately seems to be and also there is not crispy bottom part. My dad doesn’t like the crispy part.
Then I read one my cookbooks by Madhur and she gave a recipe for a simple scrambled egg and who would have thought that there are more than 2 ingredients that can actually make a simple scrambled egg and it can be done some quickly that even before I am finished making my coffee breakfast is on the table.
I like this recipe as I was able to adapt it to my own needs and also to give it a bit of a rustic touch by roughly chopping the ingredients than simply finely chopping it.
- 4 x eggs.
- Salt and pepper to season.
- 2 x spring onions, roughly chopped.
- 4 x cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped.
- 1 x green chilli, roughly chopped.
- Handful of chives, chopped.
- Some bacon bits.
- A handful of roughly chopped coriander.
- Whisk the eggs with some milk and set aside.
- Heat some oil in a pan.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, bacon bits, spring onions, chilli, chives and coriander.
- Allow to cook on a medium heat until the tomatoes are soft.
- Pour in the whisked egg and using your fork, stir gently until cooked and season generously.