Whenever I serve a curry I like to serve a salad with it. Normally it is Raita or patcha chutney or if I make biryani then I make my Gran’s buttermilk recipe.
Sometimes and I mean sometimes, if I am really really lazy them I will just serve plain yoghurt or even store bought pickle… but shhh don’t mention the store bought and I do tend to claim it as my own lol.
I came across a recipe for a yoghurt salad from Madhur Jaffrey’s book and it was easy enough to make and quick enough as well and the picture looks so mouthwatering I just had to try it out to go with Sunday’s lunch.
- 1 x cup plain yoghurt
- ¼ x tsp salt.
- 1 x tsp vegetable oil.
- ¼ x tsp mustard seeds.
- A couple of dry chillies
- A couple of curry leaves.
- Whisk together the yoghurt and the salt together till well combined and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
- Once the mustard seeds start to pop add the dry chillies and curry leaves.
- Keep stirring until the dry chillies turn a darker colour.
- Remove from the heat and pour over the yoghurt.
- DO NOT STIR OR MIX
- Let the oil mixture stay on top of the yoghurt it is very pleasing to look at.