Breakfast is the most important meal of the day…. Well that is what I have been told throughout my life.
I am not a breakfast person at all. Breakfast is the meal I battle with the most, I have to force myself to eat.
Don’t get me wrong, some mornings a very rare morning I will eat breakfast.
When I do eat breakfast, I like to make hearty meal that will keep me going right up until lunch time and also a meal that is light on my tumme.
Porridge is out of the option, it is to heavy, smoothies are a no go, they make me even more hungry so the only next best thing is eggs.
Dressing up eggs is sometimes a missions and I always tend to go the easy route, bacon and eggs, scrambled eggs, fried eggs, poached eggs.
This is a quick and easy recipe I came across in the Breakfast Bible cook book.
- 2 x tsp margarine.
- 8 x eggs whisked together with 2 x tbsp. milk.
- Salt and pepper to season.
- 125g x smoked salmon, chopped.
- 2 x tbsp. chopped chives.
- 1 x tsp crème fraiche.
- Zest of a lemon.
- Melt the margarine in a pan.
- Pour in the eggs.
- Allow the eggs to cook for a minute before you stir.
- Stir and allow to runny egg mixture to go to the bottom of the pan.
- Allow to cook till the mixture is firm, but not fully cooked.
- Add in the salmon and chives, stir and allow to cook till the egg is completely done.
- Plate you egg and top with crème fraiche and lemon zest.