My dad loves a nice and dry snoek curry, me on the other hand, if I have to really really eat it, then I will. I prefer a fish curry with gravy that I let my bread soak in to.
Growing up, every Saturday my mum would make snoek curry for my dad.
I can’t remember the last time I made snoek curry, I think I made it once in 2016 lol.
This dish is a really really quick and easy dish, seeing as the snoek is already pre-cooked the only time needed is to make the gravy and allow to fish to soak up the gravy and then hey presto you have dry snoek curry.
- 2 x packs pre-cooked snoek portions.
- 1 x onion, finely chopped.
- Salt to season.
- 2 x green chillies.
- 2 x tomatoes, grated.
- 1 x tbsp. masala.
- 1/2x tsp turmeric powder.
- Salt to taste.
- Clean the fish and remove any bones, shred the fish with your fingers and set aside.
- In a pot, bring some oil to the heat.
- Add the onions and saute till transparent.
- Add the tomatoes, spices and chillies.
- Add a little water and allow the tomatoes to cook for about 10 minutes on a medium heat.
- You can keep adding water till you get the consistency of the gravy you want.
- Add the shredded snoek and mix.
- Allow to cook dry and then remove from the heat.