In our household there must always be a cookie to go with the last hot drink of the evening and there has to be some cookies in the cookie jar for those midnight cravings of the cookie monster.
I came across this recipe in Lisa Clark’s “The cookie Jar” recipe book.
All it required was just a handful of ingredients that are pantry staples it was so quick to make. No complicated methods to follow.
The verdict, everyone loved it and it didn’t last that long, there was no left overs for the next day.
- 125ml x pecan nuts, blitz to a course texture.
- 125g x butter, room temperature.
- 1 x cup icing sugar, sifted.
- 17.5ml x vanilla essence.
- 250ml x cake flour, sifted.
- A pinch of cinnamon powder.
- Cream butter and 62.5ml of the icing sugar together, till light and fluffy.
- Mix in the vanilla essence.
- Add in the nuts, cake flour and cinnamon powder and mix till well combined and the dough comes together.
- Shape into a disc and clingwrap
- Pop into the fridge to chill for an hour.
- Break off pieces of the dough and shape into balls.
- Place on a greased baking tray.
- Pop into a preheated oven and bake at 180 degrees for 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before dusting the cookies with the remaining icing sugar.