I have never tried a slider in my life before.
I was walking down the bread isle at our local super market when I saw that they were stocking slider rolls and I just had to buy a pack… not a dozen, apparently they only sell sliders in packs of 8 not 12.
I had no idea why I bought the slider rolls, but I knew I had come across a recipe for sliders in one of my cook books.
I actually found 5 recipe for sliders in Ree Drummond’s cookbooks… who knew it was so popular??? Since this was the first time I was trying it out, I decided to keep it simple.
- 1kg x beef mince.
- Salt and pepper to season.
- ¼ x cup Worchester sauce.
- 1 x onion, chopped.
- 2 x cups BBQ sauce.
- ½ x cup Drained jarred of Jalapeno slices.
- A pack of slider buns.
- In a bowl, season the mince with salt, pepper and Worchester sauce.
- Using your hands, mix well.
- Form the mixture into 8 small patties.
- Heat some oil in a heavy based pot.
- Gentle fry your patties on both sides till down.
- Remove the patties from the oil and drain on a paper towel.
- Leave the pot on the stove and add the onion.
- Saute till the onions are soft.
- Add the BBQ sauce and mix.
- Add the sliced jalapenos and stir.
- Allow to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the patties and carry on cooking till the mixture starts to thicken.
- Remove from the heat and fill your slider buns with a patty and some sauce.