I love muffins, in all shapes and sizes, savoury and sweet, they have my name on it.
A while back I came across a spinach and feta muffin that I tried over and over again and it never came out right. It rose beautifully and then as soon as they started cool they sunk. I tried everything, from swopping out the feta cheese for cheddar cheese, adding more cheese, baking it longer, adding more flour to make a stiffer mixture but nothing seemed to work.
So when I saw this recipe, I knew I had to try it out. I was a bit dubious and I left the room for 20 minutes while it cooled. I was scared that it would sink just like the other batches I tried. But it seems like adding egg and taking out flour worked like a bomb .
- 2 x cups baby spinach, chopped.
- 60g x feta, cubed.
- 7 x eggs.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the spinach and feta cheese together in a bowl.
- Line your muffin tin with paper cups.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cups. Fill cups about 2 spoons per cup. Remember as this muffin bakes it rises.
- Whisk the eggs with salt and pepper.
- Using a soup ladle, pour 1 ladle mixture into each cup.
- If you want you can sprinkle some chia seed over the top before baking.
- Pop into a preheated oven and bake at 180 degrees for 15- 20 minutes or until the tops of the muffins are nice and golden brown.