Now we all know about cucumber raita, I mean I literally make cucumber raita with every Sunday meal.
I was reading one of Madhur Jeffery’s cook books when I came across the side dishes section and in that section she had a different kind of raita, one I had never heard of before.
Spinach raita. Let me just tell you about this raita, it is super quick, super easy to make, it was made even before I could make a cup of coffee, that is how quick it took to make it.
Seeing as this was the first time making this dish, I was all eager to hear from my parents how they liked it and my all time favourtie question to ask whenever I try something new, if I had to make it again, would they eat it. Their verdict they were pleasantly surprised and actually liked it.
- 2 x cups, spinach.
- 2 x cups plain yoghurt.
- Salt to taste.
- ¼ x tsp chilli powder.
- 1/4 x tsp jeera powder.
- Place the spinach in a bowl and pour boiling water to cover it.
- Leave in the dish till it wilts.
- Drain off the hot water and rinse under cold water.
- Squeeze out all the water from the spinach leaves, chop it up and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the yoghurt, chilli powder, salt and jeera powder till well combined.
- Fold in the spinach leaves and give it a good stir so that everything is well combined.
- Garnish with jeera powder.