My mother loves this dish.
Every Wednesday like clock work she asks what is for lunch and then hints that she has a craving for tin fish.
I am not a huge fan of boiled eggs.
- 1 x onion, chopped.
- 1 x tsp Bombay delight masala.
- 1 x tsp Chowmans masala.
- 1 x tsp Mixed masala.
- ½ x tsp jeera powder.
- ½ x tsp dhania powder.
- ½ x tsp garam masala.
- ¼ x tsp turmeric powder.
- 1 x 420 tin Lucky star, pilchards in tomatoe sauce.
- 3 x boiled eggs, halved.
- Fresh dhania for garnish.
- 1 x tbsp. ginger and garlic paste.
- Salt to taste.
- Remove the fish from the tin, debone and clean, but keep the sauce and keep aside.
- Heat some oil in a pot.
- Add the onions and sauté till transparent.
- Add the salt and ginger and garlic paste.
- Mix well and add the masala’s, jeera powder, dhania powder, turmeric powder
- Mix so that the spices are mixed well.
- Add about a cup of water, mix and allow the mixture to come to a boil.
- Add the cleaned fish and the sauce.
- Cover the pot and allow to cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the halved boiled eggs to the pot, add a little more water if need be.
- Cover and cook till the gravy is nice and thick.
- Remove from the stove and garnish with coriander.