I love making this cake.
Its a Spanish cake when translated it stands for 3 milk cake. I came across this cake on Gretchen’s bakery website. I have adapted this cake to become eggless.
- 2 x cups cake flour.
- 1 x cups castor sugar.
- ½ x cup cooking oil.
- 3 x tsp vanilla essence.
- 1 x tbsp. white wine vinegar.
- 1 x cup water.
- 1 x tsp bicarbonate of soda.
- 1 x cup cream.
- 1 x can condense milk.
- 1 x can evaporated milk.
- 1 x cup milk.
- Coca for dusting purposes.
- In a bowl, mix cake flour and bicarbonate of soda.
- In a another bowl, add the sugar, the water, cooking oil, vinegar and 1 x tsp vanilla essence. Whisk until all the sugar has been dissolved.
- Pour water mixture into the flour mixture and whisk until the mixture is lump free and smooth.
- Pour into a rectangle cake tin that has been greased.
- Bake in a preheated at 180 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes on until the cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow to cool, once completely cool. Leave cake in tin do not remove from the tin.
- In a bowl, mix the evaporated milk, condense milk, milk nad 2 x tsp vanilla essence, until everything is well combined.
- Take a straw or fork and poke holes into the cake.
- Pour the milk mixture over the top of the cake.
- Whip the cream till soft peaks form and spread the cream evenly over the top of your cake.
- Sprinkle the cocoa powder over the top of the cream.