I came across this recipe by accident.
I was busy looking at Lorraine Pascale’s Instagram page, when I saw she was making cookies.
When I read the name of these cookies, I actually did a double take.
I have never baked with turmeric, only used it in cooking and never so much, my father freaks out when he sees yellow food apparently he doesn’t like the take of turmeric.
I was intrigued to make these cookies, I was also a bit sceptical, because I thought these cookies would not taste nice.
However, I was greatly mistaken, these cookies are delicious. Believe it or not, my mum who didn’t want to try one when I first told her what I was making, almost ate the entire plate herself.
My dad ate it, but he didn’t want seconds after he heard how much turmeric was in there and the fact that his hands went yellow eating these cookies.
My brother couldn’t help himself he was addicted to these cookies.
Myself well, I am divided, they taste delicious, but them when I see the yellow stains, I keep thinking I am going to stain myself from inside out… I can’t help it, I have an active imagination.
- 150g x spelt flour.
- 3 x tsp turmeric powder.
- 3 x knobs, ginger, grated.
- ¼ x tsp baking powder.
- 100g x butter, room temperature.
- 140g x coconut sugar.
- In your mixer, cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add in the ginger, baking powder and mix to combine.
- Add in the flour and mix till the mixture comes together.
- Either using your hands or a mechanical ice cream scoop, shape your cookies.
- Place on a greased cookie tray.
- Pop into a preheated oven and bake at 180 degrees for 15 – 20 minutes or until the bottom or the cookies are golden brown.