I love vaddee and do you know how difficult it is to come by these delicious treats.
In temple the aunties are so stingy when they hand these out… its only 2 per person… it just tickles my tummy and they make them so small.
Now that I can make these beauties the aunties can keep their stash, I am bringing my own stash with me to temple next time.V
Ingredients for the vaddee spices:
- 1 x tsp jeera
- 3 x dry chillies.
- 2 x green chillies.
- ½ x tsp masala.
Grind all these spices together in a mixer.
Ingredients for the vaddee batter:
- 1 x cup channa dhal.
- ½ x cup pea dhal.
- 1 x onion, finely chopped.
- 1 x tbsp. fresh dhania, chopped.
- ¾ x tsp small jeera.
- ½ x tsp baking powder.
- ¾ x tsp salt.
- 1 x mashed, bruised banana.
- Soak the two dhal’s together in hot water over night.
- Drain in a colander, but do not pat dry.
- Grind the dhal till slightly course and set aside.
- Add all the ingredients for the vaddee batter and 3 tsp of the vaddee spices.
- Mix everything together nicely till everything is well combined.
- Break off a small piece and roll into a ball.
- Flatten slightly in the palm of your hand.
- Deep fry in hot oil on a medium heat until golden brown.
- Remove from the oil and drain on a paper towel.