When I entered a new decade in my life, I vowed that I would attempt to only eat home made goodies, anything from bread, to muffins right down to biscuits.
This feat is a bit tricky when it comes to my household, my mum is a vegetarian and if my dad hears I am baking something that is remotely vegan he refuses to eat it, he is under the impression that vegan food is tasteless, that was until I came across a delicious banana chocolate chip muffin recipe that I just had to try out.
His verdict he was gobsmacked and did not want to believe that this muffin was eggless let alone vegan friendly.
And thanks to my new Kitchen Aid mixer, these muffins took less than 5 minutes of prep time.
This recipes make 18 medium sized muffins.
- 2 x cups cake flour, sifted.
- 1 ½ x tsp bicarbonate of soda.
- ½ x tsp salt.
- 1 x cup castor sugar.
- 1/3 x cup vegetable oil.
- 4 x ripe bananas, mashed.
- ¼ x cup normal tap water.
- 1 x tsp vanilla essence.
- 1 x cup chocolate chips.
- 1 x cup walnuts.
- In a bowl, whisk together the cake flour and bicarbonate of soda.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts and set aside.
- In you mixer bowl, beat the sugar, oil and mashed bananas till well combined.
- Add the water and vanilla essence and mix again till combined.
- Add the flour mixture and with the mixer on low, beat ill well combined.
- Fill your muffin cups halfway and pop into a preheated oven.
- Bake the muffins at 180 degrees for 15 – 20 minutes, or until your cake tester comes out clean.