Every given day there is always a bunch of bananas slowly going off ontop of the fridge.
Sometimes I remember the bananas just before they go bad and sometimes I completely forget and only remember when I see a ton of fruit flies that are ready to attack me as soon as I go near the fridge.
Whenever my mother sees me throwing this above mentioned bananas away she give me a guilt lecture of how she thought I was making her favourite banana and date muffins and how long time last since she asked me to make something she likes and so on and so forth.
This time around I bought bananas and put them on top of the stove so that I would remember them and finally to make my mum’s muffins. Of course I hate dates dry and fresh and I never eat these muffins at all So I decided to try a recipe from the Loving it vegans website and decided to try out a vegan banana muffin recipe.
Verdict…. Everyone including me just loved these. The nuts just added an extra delicious crunch and chewiness to these muffins. To tell you the truth, these muffins actually tasted better the next day.
- 2 x cups cake flour.
- ½ x cup light brown sugar.
- ½ x cup castor sugar.
- 1 x tsp bicarbonate of soda.
- 1 x tsp baking powder.
- ¼ x tsp salt.
- 1 x tsp cinnamon powder.
- ¼ x tsp nutmeg powder.
- 300g x peeled and mashed bananas.
- 120ml x buttermilk.
- ¼ x coconut oil, melted.
- 2 x tbsp. apple sauce.
- 1 x tsp vanilla essence.
- 100g x walnuts, roughly chopped.
- Sieve flour into a bowl.
- Add both sugars, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt, cinnamon powder and nutmeg powder.
- Add the mashed bananas and mix.
- Add the buttermilk and mix.
- Add the coconut oil, applesauce and vanilla essence and whisk till well combined.
- Fold in the nuts and mix well.
- Pour into greased muffin tins.
- Pop into a preheated oven and bake at 180 degrees for 30 minutes or until the cake tester comes out clean.