Before I started my culinary journey, I had no idea what a quesadilla was.
Then I watched an episode of The Pioneer women and I discovered quesadillas and after that I was hooked. I fell for quesadillas hook, line and sinker.
I came across this version and I knew I just had to try it out.
It was super fun and easy to make but eating it was another thing all together the corn kept popping out every little opening it could find.
My mother loved this, it was just up her street, she is a huge of Ree Drummond’s food and the fact that it was quesadillas she was blown away.
My dad was out of town and he arrived back while I was busy prepping this meal, he took one look over my shoulder and screamed to my mother in the other room. Whenever I go away and come back there is always beans beans beans on the menu.
This dish was really easy to make but I had difficulty trying to not nibble of the beans and sweet corn and I was busy making them. I love nibbling on sweetcorn straight out of the tin… soo delicious I tell you.
All in all it was an extremely amazing dish, tasteful and colourful to look at.
- 1 x avocado.
- Salt and pepper to season
- Juice of ½ lime.
- 1 x onion, finely chopped.
- 1 x clove garlic, crushed.
- 1 x tbsp. oil.
- ¼ x tsp cayenne pepper.
- ½ x tsp cumin powder.
- 1 x tin black beans, drained and rinsed.
- 1 x tin sweetcorn, drained and rinsed.
- Tortillas, warmed in the microwave.
- Grated cheese.
- Mash the avocado, season generously and mix with lime juice. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the onions and saute till transparent.
- Add in garlic and cook for a couple of seconds.
- Add in the spics and mix.
- Add in the beans and sweetcorn and cook till the corn heats through.
- Season well and remove from the heat.
- Layer half the tortilla with the filling, avocado and cheese.
- Fold over , cut in half and serve