This recipe is soo delicious and so quick to make.
I opted to use the prepacked mix vegetable but you are more than welcome to use any veggies you like. It is all up to your imagination.
Perfect dish for those lazy fasting days where everyone is sick of curry curry and more curry.
- 500g x cooked mix vegetables.
- 1 x tbsp. dried parsley.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 500ml of white cheese sauce.
- Peri peri powder.
- 4 x potatoes, the you have turned into mashed potatoes.
- Layer the mixed veggies in a buttered pie dish.
- Pour over the sauce and sprinkle the parsley and peri peri over.
- Finally layer the mash potatoe on the top and if you want to sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees till the tops brown nicely.
To make the white sauce.
- 1 x tbsp. cake flour.
- 1 x tbsp. margarine.
- 1 x cup milk.
- Salt and pepper.
- ½ x cup grated cheese.
- Melt the margarine, take off the heat and add flour, salt and pepper.
- Stir quickly as it will thicken immediately.
- Add the milk and cheese and stir.
- Return to heat till nice and thick but not stiff.