I normally make a fried rice version that contains eggs, never have I made an eggless version.
I came across this recipe in “The Reducetarian cookboob,”By Brian Kateman. My mum was super excited to try it out and I was eager to give it a try.
This recipe was also an excuse to finally use that sesame oil that was slowly starting to leak and leave an ugly mark at the back of the cupboard. I can’t actually remember the reason I bought the sesame oil in the first place but I was getting ready to throw it out, that was before I came across this recipe.
My mother’s verdict. She loved it, but I could skip the cashews seeing as she has been eating cashew nuts every other day for the past 9 weeks.
My dad’s verdict as well, please next time do not put nuts in when you cook, nuts and food do not go.
Seriously, people talk about taking this dish apart. All in they loved this dish minus the nuts.
- ½ x tsp salt.
- 1 x cups cook rice.
- 2 x tbsp. olive oil.
- 2 x onions, thinly sliced.
- 2 x tbsp. sesame oil.
- ¼ x head green cabbage, thinly sliced.
- 1 x carrot, chopped.
- 2 x tbsp. soy sauce.
- 1 x cup frozen peas.
- ½ x cup salted cashew nuts.
- Heat olive oil in a wok.
- Add the onions and saute till soft.
- Add the sesame oil/
- Add the cabbage and carrots and saute till the cabbage becomes soft.
- Add the soy sauce and peas and cook till the peas and cooked through.
- Add the rice and salt and toss to mix.
- Toss in the cashew nuts and mix well.