I have never heard about this salad before.
I think the only time I heard the word Waldorf being mentioned was on Gossip girl, way back in the day.
I came across this recipe in one of Mary Berry’s recipe books and I really wanted to try it out. I mean it is not every day I am going to want to make a salad out of the blue and literally have all the ingredients sitting in the fridge… which is shocking, seeing as of late, I am really not feeling the whole shopping and standing in a queue vibe.
I was really surprised when I tasted this salad, I was under the impression that I wouldn’t enjoy it. I was mistaken. I really really enjoyed it, so crunch from the nuts and apples and yet so fresh from the celery.
Yes, I have recently discovered celery and I love eating it, before I used to use it as a spoon to stir my bloody mary.
- 4 x apples, finely diced.
- Juice of ½ lemon.
- 4 x celery sticks, finely chopped.
- 2/3 x cup mayonnaise.
- Salt and pepper to season.
- ¾ x cup walnuts, roughly chopped.
- Parsley, chopped to garnish
- Toss everything into a bowl together, expect the parsley and mix everything.
- Garnish with the parsley and serve chilled.