I made this cake for colleague’s birthday.
I really wanted to try and make this cake for eons and eons, but it seemed so complicated.
Then I was reading Lorraine Pascale’s book and she had a tutorial on how to assemble the cake.
It was really easy, the most difficult part I found was the actual cutting, seeing as I cannot cut straight to save my life.
I also used my famous eggless chocolate cake recipe seeing as we have a vegetarian in the house.
- 2 x round chocolate cakes.
- Chocolate butter cream icing.
- A slab of milk Lindt chocolate.
- Gold dust.
- Ice the two layers of cake together.
- Crumb coat the cake and pop into the fridge to set.
- Ice the entire cake with a generous layer of chocolate icing.
- First make a centre row of whispers on the cake and then make rows working from the centre to the end of one side and then do the same the other side.
- Add pieces of chocolate slab into the cake.
- Finally dust the finished cake with gold dust.
- Pop into the fridge to chill for about 10 minutes.