I recently painstakingly watched Star Wars the Last Jedi. What should have been a 3 hour movie turned into the entire day. I watched a little got bored, had a nap, woke up, watched a little and repeated the process that by the end of the movie, I was lost with what day and time it was.
I know I should just have switched it off and carried on with life, but seeing as everyone has been raving about it, I thought I would give it a try… never again.
A while back, I managed to get my hands on a Star Wars recipe book and seeing as I had spent the entire Sunday watching the movie, I really did think that I needed to start my Monday off with a Star Wars treat and that is exactly what I did for tea time.
I made a batch of Wookiee cookies. The original recipe was one that contained eggs, but of course, I substituted it for a vegan egg and hey presto it came out perfect.
So soft and chewy in the middle, so crunchie on the outside and sooo full of chocolate. What more could a girl ask for???
PS: The best way to enjoy these cookies, relaxing on the couch, watching My Kitchen Rules Australia and admiring Manu’s slick hair style… I am in heaven.
- 2 ¼ x cups cake flour, sifted.
- 1 x tsp bicarbonate of soda.
- 1 x tsp salt.
- 1 x tsp cinnamon powder.
- 225g x butter, room temperature.
- 1 x cup light brown sugar.
- ½ x cup castor sugar.
- 3 x vegan eggs.
- 1 ½ x tsp vanilla essence.
- 1 x cup milk chocolate chips.
- 1 x cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Cream butter, brown sugar and castor sugar together till light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla essence and whisk.
- Add in the flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon powder and mix till everything is well combined.
- Fold in the milk and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out the batter and place on a greased baking tray.
- Pop into a preheated oven and bake at 180 degrees for 10 minutes .
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes on the baking tray before placing on a cooling rack to cool completely.